Chelation therapy, an innovative medical treatment offered by Patients Medical in New York City, is gaining recognition for its potential to detoxify the body and improve heart health. This therapy involves the administration of a chelating agent that binds to heavy metals and minerals in the body, facilitating their removal and offering various health benefits.
Understanding Chelation Therapy
Chelation therapy is primarily used to treat heavy metal poisoning, with the chelating agent forming a chemical bond with toxic substances, rendering them soluble in water for excretion through urine. The therapy has also been explored for treating conditions like cardiovascular disease and autism.
Detoxification Through Chelation
Exposure to heavy metals can lead to numerous symptoms affecting the nervous, gastrointestinal, respiratory, cardiovascular, and other bodily systems. Chelation therapy works effectively in removing these toxic metals, such as lead or mercury, from the body, thereby alleviating related symptoms and reducing health risks.
Benefits for Heart Health
At Patients Medical, chelation therapy is administered using Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), a potent antioxidant. EDTA binds to heavy metals like lead, iron, and cadmium, assisting in their removal from the body. Notably, EDTA also removes excess calcium from artery walls. Since arterial calcification is a significant factor in atherosclerosis, chelation therapy can restore arterial integrity and enhance blood flow. It has blood-thinning effects too, reducing the risk of dangerous blood clots that could lead to a heart attack or stroke.
The Chelation Process at Patients Medical
The therapy involves relaxing in a recliner for one to three hours while EDTA is administered intravenously. A complete course typically includes 10 to 30 treatments, usually conducted one to three times per week. Following chelation, oral or IV nutrients may be recommended to replenish essential nutrients like calcium and zinc, which might be removed during the process.
Types of Chelating Agents
Various chelating agents are used in medical treatments, including EDTA for lead, cadmium, and zinc toxicity; DMSA for lead and mercury; and DMPS for mercury toxicity. The choice of agent depends on the specific condition and type of heavy metal to be removed.
Chelation for Coronary Artery Disease
EDTA chelation therapy is sometimes used as an alternative treatment for coronary artery disease (CAD). It’s thought to improve blood flow and reduce oxidative stress by removing excess minerals from the bloodstream. However, it’s important to note that this therapy should not replace established CAD treatments and should only be administered under medical supervision.
The Safety and Efficacy of Chelation Therapy
While chelation therapy has shown effectiveness in removing toxic metals and improving symptoms of heavy metal poisoning, its use in other conditions like CAD or autism is still a subject of debate. It is vital to consult a licensed healthcare professional to evaluate the appropriateness and safety of chelation therapy for specific conditions.
Key Benefits of Chelation Therapy: Enhancing Health and Vitality
1. Detoxification of Heavy Metals: Chelation therapy effectively removes toxic heavy metals like lead, mercury, and cadmium from the body, reducing the risk of poisoning and associated health problems
2. Improved Cardiovascular Health: By removing excess calcium and other deposits from the arteries, chelation therapy can help reduce arterial plaque and improve blood flow, potentially benefiting those with atherosclerosis or other heart conditions.
3. Reduced Risk of Heart Attacks and Strokes: The therapy can have a blood-thinning effect, which may lower the risk of blood clots that can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
4. Enhanced Kidney Function: By eliminating heavy metals, chelation therapy can reduce the burden on kidneys, which is beneficial for individuals with compromised renal function.
5. Alleviation of Symptoms Related to Metal Poisoning: Symptoms like fatigue, headache, and cognitive impairments linked to heavy metal toxicity can be alleviated through chelation therapy.
6. Potential Improvement in Diabetic Conditions: Some studies suggest that chelation therapy may improve blood vessel function and blood flow, which can be beneficial for individuals with diabetes.
7. Reduction in Oxidative Stress: Chelation therapy can help in reducing oxidative stress in the body, which is linked to various chronic diseases.
8. Improved Neurological Function: In cases of metal poisoning, chelation therapy can potentially improve neurological functions and reduce symptoms like memory loss or cognitive dysfunction.
9. Enhanced Overall Well-being: By removing toxic substances from the body, chelation therapy can contribute to overall physical well-being and vitality.
10. Potential Relief for Autoimmune Disorders: Some practitioners suggest that chelation therapy may help alleviate symptoms of certain autoimmune disorders, though more research is needed in this area.
It’s important to note that while chelation therapy offers these potential benefits, it should always be conducted under the supervision of qualified medical professionals, and its suitability varies depending on individual health conditions.
Patients Medical: A Leader in Chelation Therapy
Patients Medical in New York City stands out as a leader in providing chelation therapy. Their approach is grounded in medical expertise, ensuring each treatment is tailored to the individual’s needs. By offering this innovative therapy, they’re at the forefront of helping patients detoxify their bodies and potentially improve heart health.
Chelation therapy offers a promising avenue for detoxification and heart health improvement. While it’s important to understand its scope and limitations, clinics like Patients Medical are paving the way for its safe and effective application, offering hope to those seeking alternative treatments for heavy metal poisoning and cardiovascular conditions.
To schedule an in person on Tele-medicine appointment
Our medical center in New York City.
Patients Medical PC
1148 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1B
New York, NY 10128
About Patients Medical
PatientsMedical.com is headed by Dr. Rashmi Gulati, MD who is a board-certified physician with over 20 years of integrative, functional and internal medicine experience.
Patients Medical is a holistic wellness center dedicated to helping its clients discover health and rediscover vitality. Their physicians combine the best of conventional and holistic medicine with state-of-the-art equipment to provide comprehensive care and treatment to their patients. They focus on the root causes of secondary medical conditions, integrating modern medicine, holistic practices, and natural supplements to fast-track healing and prevent disease. Every year, thousands of existing and new patients continue to visit the center, seeking an alternative medical approach to a variety of health issues.
In addition, Patients Medical provides access to over 15,000 affordable supplements on their affiliated website: MySupplements.store